Administration & Staff
IST educates a substantial number of students at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. Our academic staff consists of Professors and lecturers the majority of whom are PhD holders, with a background in research, recognised professional status in their field of expertise, as well as teaching experience in Universities throughout Greece and abroad. The delivery of the programmes, the academic staff and our students are constantly supported by a dynamic team of specialist administrators and technical staff.
Academic & Administrative Structure
IST’s Board of Governors consists of 9 members, 7 of whom are shareholders and IST representatives and 2 are independent members with a business profile.
The members of the Board of Governors are the following
- Konstantinos Michalos (Independent Non-Executive member - President of the Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry, President of the Union of Hellenic Chambers and Deputy President of the Association of European Chambers of Commerce and Industry)
- Georgios Paschas (Independent Non-Executive member – Former General Manager of the National Bank of Greece and Consultant to the Bank of Greece)
- Dr. Drakoulis Fountoukakos (Co-Founder of IST/SBIE, Chair of the Board Governors)
- Daphne Fountoukakou (Shareholder, Director of IST, Head of Quality Assurance)
- Marita Louri (Shareholder, Lawyer)
- Dr George Kastrinakis (Co-Founder of IST/SBIE)
- Dr Nikolaos Kastrinakis (Shareholder, Director of SBIE)
- Eleftherios Papathanassiou (Independent Executive Member, Rector)
- Ioannis Minadakis (Independent Executive Member, C.E.O)
The Board of Governors is the body taking strategic decisions on issues relating to academic policy, financial policy, HR policy, growth policy and marketing approach.
The Board of Governors monitors and proposes measures for
- the regulatory compliance of the company,
- the assurance of the quality of services provided,
- the compliance with internal procedures and regulations
- the corporate governance and
Responsibility for providing administrative support for the academic services offered by IST is allocated to the corresponding administrative departments:
Administrative & Finance Office
Responsible for all administrative and financial matters.
Responsible for administrative services to students, lecturers and academic departments as well as communication with the collaborating Universities.
Quality Assurance Office
Responsible for assuring quality in accordance with international standards ISO 9001:2000 and British academic quality standards of independent foreign bodies, such as QAA & BAC who have certified IST.
Marketing & Communications Office
Responsible for IST’s Marketing and Communications strategy as well as extracurricular activities.
External Academic Affairs Office
Responsible for the supervision of the partnerships between IST and the collaborating Universities.
International Relations & European Programmes Office
Responsible for the promotion of IST abroad, aiming at registering international students.