MBA (Masters in Business Administration)
Rationale of the Programme
Designed for practising managers looking to take the step upwards to a strategic role, this MBA provides a distinctive way of developing your achievements and thinking. Working across a wide range of management disciplines - with ideas and experiences taken from organisations and thought leaders across the world - you will have the opportunity to put learning into practice, providing immediate value to yourself and your organisation.
Γλώσσα & Διάρκεια Σπουδών
LANGUAGE OF TUITION
Courses are taught in English
DURATION OF STUDY
Full time (15 months)
- A UK Honours degree at a minimum of second class 2.2, or equivalent and
- Minimum of two years work experience
- A minimum of five years substantial management experience
Levels of Language Proficiency
Levels of Language Proficiency:
- IELTS level 6.5 in English or equivalent
Aims of the Programme
- To provide a sound education in management & in the various functional areas: finance, marketing, human resource management, & operations management by building upon the prior academic knowledge & practical managerial experience of the course participants
- To develop a range of appropriate managerial skills and competencies
- To use and build upon course members’ diverse personal experience as vehicles for learning, including peer-group learning, and for the personal development of a range of managerial abilities, including team working and effective leadership skills
- To develop knowledge of a variety of business analysis techniques, including the ability to select and use critically appropriate analytical tools in different business situations
- To expose participants to a range of contemporary management issues including contrasting perspectives and alternative theoretical frameworks in order to develop analytical judgment and critical awareness
- To develop a critical understanding of the factors determining organisational performance, capability, corporate and entrepreneurial success
- To provide a firm foundation for future career and self-development through personal development planning and reflective learning
- For those full time students undertaking an internship/ placement the opportunity to utilise the skills and knowledge gained in a practical business context.
Both Arden University and IST have strong links with employers through their alumni, professors and participation in events such as local career fairs. IST is in colloboration with the Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI), the largest Chamber of Commerce in Greece and the Balkans, the Piraeus Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI), Hellenic Hoteliers Federation (HHF) etc.
Our alumni hold senior positions within international companies, management consultancies, research companies, large FMCG organisations, banks and financial institutions, as well as not for profit organisations. Our alumni and other business executives regularly act as visiting speakers to individual modules and in extra - curricula sessions. Students also gain direct contact with employers through their dissertation research, often undertaking face-to-face interviews with managers across the full spectrum of business functions. Links with employers are considered to be of vital importance given the philosophy which underpins the MBA programme.
Employment prospects are excellent for graduates of the MBA programme who may choose to work in senior management roles, as well as to build a career in consulting, marketing, finance and human resources management.