MIBA (Master of International Business Administration)
In Collaboration with Catholic University of Lyon
Faculties (Digital Marketing - Human Resource Management - International Supply Chain Management and Logistics)
Rationale of the Programme
The ESDES Master of International Business Administration programme is a mix of theoretical knowledge and practical experience taught by both academics and professionals. This programme of study seeks to provide a higher level international management qualification.
By working together on cases and group projects, students will develop their communication, leadership and teamwork skills.
Other interactive learning methods used in the programme include business simulation, conferences on international business issues or storytelling by corporate leaders about their successful export or internationalization projects.
Γλώσσα & Διάρκεια Σπουδών
LANGUAGE OF TUITION
Courses are taught in English
DURATION OF STUDY
Full Time (12 months)
Part Time (24 months)
- A University Honours degree UK class 2.2 or above, or foreign equivalent University
- An appropriate University Postgraduate Diploma in Management or
- An equivalent qualification to one of the above
LEVELS OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
LEVELS OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY:
- A minimum of IELTS level 6.5 in English or TOEFL 610 on entry to the course is required
- Evidence of substantial academic and practical use of Business English
- General Management Admissions Test; GMAT may be used to supplement other selection procedures. It may be valuable for diagnostic purposes in relation to the Induction skills programme in terms of both numeracy and academic writing skills.
Aims of the Programme
- It aims to give students the capability of evaluating the complexity of the international business arena by providing them with analytical tools for key decision-making processes.
- To develop a critical understanding of the factors determining organisational performance, capability, corporate and entrepreneurial success.
- To provide a firm foundation for future career and self-development through personal development planning and reflective learning.
- To provide a sound education in international management & in the various functional areas: finance, marketing, human resource management, & operations management by building upon the prior academic knowledge & practical managerial experience of the course participants.
- To develop a range of appropriate managerial skills and competencies.
- To use and build upon course members’ diverse personal experience as vehicles for learning, including peer-group learning, and for the personal development of a range of managerial abilities, including team working and effective leadership skills.
- To develop knowledge of a variety of business analysis techniques, including the ability to select and use critically appropriate analytical tools in different business situations.
- To expose participants to a range of contemporary management issues including contrasting perspectives and alternative theoretical frameworks in order to develop analytical judgment and critical awareness.
Both ESDES Catholic University of Lyon and IST have strong links with employers through their alumni, professors and participation in events such as local career fairs. IST is an active member of various organisations in Greece and has a collaboration agreement with the Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI), the largest Chamber of Commerce in Greece and the Balkans, as well as with the Piraeus Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI).
Our alumni hold senior positions within international companies, management consultancies, research companies, large FMCG organisations, banks and financial institutions, as well as not for profit organisations. Our alumni and other business executives regularly act as visiting speakers to individual modules and in extra - curricula sessions.
Students also gain direct contact with employers through their dissertation research, often undertaking face-to-face interviews with managers across the full spectrum of business functions. Links with employers are considered to be of vital importance given the philosophy which underpins the MBA programme.
Employment prospects are excellent for graduates of the International MBA programme who may choose to work in senior management roles, as well as to build a worldwide career in consulting, marketing, finance and human resources management.
Structure of the Programme
The first two semesters focus on core study areas covering international business functions and strategies. The third semester is dedicated to a dissertation which has to be written entirely in English. Students can choose their own dissertation topic. Professors may also suggest topics which are in their fields of expertise. It is possible to start in September or in February.
- International Business Strategy
- Fair Trade and Sustainable Development
- Cost Accounting & Controlling
- Corporate Governance
- Business Ethics
- Cross-cultural Management & Int'l HRM
- Innovation/Creativity and Project Management
- Leadership in International Management
- International Financial Management
- International Taxation & Social Responsibility
- International Business Law
- Global Challenge Business Game
- International Sourcing, Outsourcing and E-sourcing
- Country Risk Assessment
- Import/Export Management
- Organizational Behavior in an International Context