Job Title: Teacher of English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
Department/Division/Faculty: English Language Programme (ELP)
Responsible to: Director, ELP
Responsible for: No direct line management responsibility
Key working relationships: Members of ELP and the broader Education Office as well as staff in key central areas (e.g. Student Support) and departmental staff involved in teaching undergraduate and/or postgraduate students
Closing date: 01/10/2015 at 23:30
The purpose of the post: This post is expected to support the ELP in achieving its objectives by participating in the delivery of the IST’s College provision, teaching EAP to students of the College, and working on a range of Programme activities and events as needed.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Teaching and Learning:
- Contribute to the teaching, delivery and development of the ELP’s in-sessional EAP programmes as part of the ELP team
- Contribute to course innovation and the design and development of teaching materials and assessment tools, with guidance where appropriate
- Assess the work and progress of students using agreed criteria and provide constructive and specific feedback on spoken and written work
- Supervise and provide advice to students in class and in academic tutorials to support their academic language and literacy development for study and publication purposes
- Take on course directing responsibilities as required and within agreed frameworks, with guidance where appropriate
- Promote and raise the profile of the work of the ELP through engagement with staff and students across the College, and externally where appropriate
- Contribute to other ELP activities as appropriate
To see the job description in full click here.
All interested in participating, should send their CV by email to Ms. Tina Zoe: firstname.lastname@example.org.